Google’s Android OS, which is the most popular OS that is being used in latest smartphones of Samsung, Micromax, Lava, Celkon, Intex, etc. is about to launch its latest version Android 4.4 which is named as Kitkat. The official launch of the Android 4.4 Kitkat is scheduled to be in October 2013.
In its collaboration with Google, Nestle has been promoting its Nexus 7 giveaway, which can currently be found on Android-branded KitKat bars. Recently, a German Facebook page for KitKat posted an advertisement for the giveaway, and it inadvertently outed the release of Android 4.4 KitKat for October in response to a patron’s question.
The launch of Android 4.4 will coincide with the launch of the Nexus 5. Early rumors suggested the device would be released on October 5, back when we believed the upcoming Google operating system was Android 4.0 Key Lime Pie. More recently, a report indicated an October 14 release with Android 4.4. Many other sources have similarly pinpointed October without a specific date.
Versions Of Android :
- Android 1.0 (API Level 1)
- Android 1.1 (API Level 2)
- Android 1.5 Cupcake (API Level 3)
- Android 1.6 Donut (API Level 4)
- Android 2.0 Eclair (API Level 5)
- Android 2.0.1 Eclair (API Level 6)
- Android 2.1 Eclair (API Level 7)
- Android 2.2 – 2.2.3 Froyo (API Level 8)
- Android 2.3 – 2.3.2 Gingerbread (API Level 9)
- Android 2.3.3 – 2.3.7 Gingerbread (API Level 10)
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API Level 11)
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb (API Level 12)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API Level 13)
- Android 4.0 – 4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich (API Level 14)
- Android 4.0.3 – 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (API Level 15)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API Level 16)
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (API Level 17)
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (API Level 18)
- Android 4.4 KitKat (API Level 19) [To Be Announced]