After the success of its Mi 3, Xiaomi launched the much-awaited Redmi 1s in India with a flash sale on Flipkart yesterday. 40,000 units of the entry-level phone were sold yesterday, the units were once again sold out in 4.2 seconds, according to the company.
Xiaomi’s global vice president Hugo Barra claimed that a total of 40,000 units were sold within 4.2 seconds today in a tweet, However, there are two points to be noted. Firstly, 38,000 units were available today and not 40,000. Secondly, many users pointed out that how can a simply click take 4.2 seconds given the rush.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1S is the cheapest mid-range smartphone available in the market right now. Other OEMs like Karbonn, Spice and Lava amongst others have alluring devices in the same category, but none even come close where cost and features are concerned. Now just because the handset is affordable, it doesn’t mean that it’s of low quality.
At the price of Rs. 5999 the Xiaomi Redmi 1S is a value for money smartphone. At this price tag it is probably going to give a tough competition to the other budget smartphones like Moto E and Asus A450CG. Xiaomi Redmi 1S comes with a Quad-Core Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.6 GHz and includes a 1 GB of RAM.
Featuring a 4.7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 X 720 pixels, the internal storage provided with the smartphone is 8 GB which is expandable upto 64 GB via microSD card.
Key Specs Of Xiaomi Redmi 1S :
- Processor : 1.6 GHz quad core Snapdragon 400 chip
- Display : 4.7-inch 1280 x 720p IPS touchscreen
- Camera : 8MP main camera w/ flash, 1.6MP front lens
- Platform : Android v4.3 with MIUI software
- Memory : 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory
- 64GB expandability via microSD card slot
- Connectivity : 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi, GPS/AGPS, Bluetooth Dual SIM card slots
- Dimensions : 137 x 69 x 9.9 millimeters
- Weight : 158 grams
- Battery : 2000mAh Li-ion battery